Dill Family Adoption

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Waiting...

Wow.  Can you believe it?  I am actually posting!  UGH.  There is no reason why I have not posted since December, except that blogging seems to be the one thing that always gets pushed to the bottom of the "to do" list.  I promise to post more often, but I don't.  Leads me to the scripture where Paul says "I do not understand what I do.  For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do" (Romans 7:15).  So - please pray for me that I will be more committed.  Not just in blogging, but all aspects of my life.  As I have posted before, "Somewhere In the Middle" is, unfortunately, a theme song for me.  I have deep-water faith in the shallow end.  God wants to "spit me out"(Revelation 3:16) because I am luke warm.  I'm tired of living like that, but unsure of how to get out of this rut.  That is why I covet your prayers!

Our spring has been fairly busy.  Both kids are involved in school sports.  Between practices, games, stress fractures and pulled muscles, I think it's good the seasons are coming to an end!  Both kids are doing well in school and looking forward to a fun-filled summer.  


Watson playing lacrosse for his school, Harding Academy


Evanne being goofy in target


We continue to patiently (ha) wait for "J's" arrival to our family.  The waiting has been hard, but we trust God's timing.  If we say we do, and we TRUELY do, then we have to rest in that assurance!  I was asked recently how long are we going to wait.  Well, we believe we have been called to adopt from Ethiopia.  The wait has been, and continues to be, frustrating and HARD.  However - we will wait as long as God asks us to wait!  We weren't called into adoption "only if we got a child within a year...then we're done, or whatever human parameters we put on it.  This is God's will, not ours.  We will wait, and we will worship while we wait knowing His perfect timing is the ONLY timing we care to live in!   That being said - we need prayer to live that out!!!  This was said on our adoption agency's Ethiopian facebook page by another mother who has been through the waiting.  She got it from studylight.org and I think it helps for us to look at this, and all of life, through the lens of Christ.
"It isn't easy to wait, especially where matters of the heart are concerned.  But no Christian is mature until he or she has learned to wait.  Perhaps this is the word the Lord has for you today - wait.  Are you feeling spiritually restless at the moment, straining at the leash and anxious to press ahead on some point that needs further thought and prayer?  Well, here is His word again -wait.  A purpose far wiser than you can ever conceive of is being worked out for you.  A heart more infinitely loving than any other you will ever know is caring for you.  A mind greater than yours is planning for you.  So...wait!" 
AMEN!

Blessings,

Ashley



No comments:

Post a Comment