Dill Family Adoption

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Where are my actions?

"Sometimes I would like to ask God why He allows poverty,
suffering and injustice when he could do something about it."
"Well, why don't you ask Him?"
"Because I'm afraid He would ask me the same question."
-Anonymous

That stings a bit, doesn't it?  We have been blessed BEYOND belief!  I am good at talking the talk, but where are my actions?  I give - but truth be told - usually not until it hurts or I really "feel" the sacrifice.  What does God think of that?  Do the blessings I encounter everyday mean anything if I don't pay them forward?  Following are the lyrics to "Somewhere in the Middle" by Casting Crowns.  This song brings me to my knees every time I hear it.  So why don't I live my life full-throttle for Jesus?  Why am I always "somewhere in the middle"?  

Somewhere between the hot and the cold
Somewhere between the new and the old
Somewhere between who I am and who I used to be
Somewhere in the middle you'll find me

Somewhere between the wrong and the right
Somewhere between the darkness and the light
Somewhere between who I was and who You're making me
Somewhere in the middle, You'll find me

Just how close can I get Lord, to my surrender without losing all control

Fearless warrior on the picket fence, reckless adondon wrapped in common sense
Deep water faith in the shallow end and we are caught in the middle
With eyes wide open to the differences, the God who was and the God who is
But will we trade our dreams for His
or our we caught in the middle

Somewhere between my heart and my hands
Somewhere between my faith and my plans
Somewhere between the safety of the boat and the crashing waves

Somewhere between a whisper and a roar
Somewhere between the alter and the door
Somewhere between centered peace and always wanting more
Somewhere in the middle You'll find me

Just how close can I get Lord, to my surrender without losing all control

Lord, I feel You in this place and I know You're by my side
Loving me even on these nights, when I'm caught in the middle

I don't want to live my life stuck "in the middle".  Lord, help me to surrender fully to Your will and purpose for me!  Help me get out of the safety of the boat and go DEEP with YOU.  Thank you for loving me despite myself!  Keep working in me and through me to bring glory to Your name! 

Blessings,


Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment